7.18.2012

Wearing Wednesday: Wedding Style

With our anniversary coming up, I've decided to make this week "Wedding Week!" I wasn't able to blog about our special day last year because I literally got married, honeymooned, moved to a new state, and started my first "real" job within a matter of 3 weeks. If that's not stress, I don't know what is {and I don't want to find out}!!

You can see the detail shots from our wedding here, if you haven't already.

I found my wedding dress at Karl's Bridal in Springfield. 

The funny thing is, I actually saw it on their website and loved it before I was even engaged {yes, I started planning before I was engaged, who doesn't?!}. My mom and I were browsing some different dresses online and we both loved it, but in the picture it looked more formal than what I was wanting... definitely bummed.

When the time came to actually look for dresses {after we were engaged}, Karl's was about the third place I went. I had found a dress at David's Bridal that I really liked, but didn't want to commit too soon, so I ventured on to my next appointment at Karl's. 

This dress is one of the first they brought me and I really liked it, but then when I realized it was the dress from online, I knew it was the one! 

The reason I had loved the dress so much was because it had a really unique feature...


See how I'm wearing a short dress in this picture? It's the same dress from above, but the bottom portion comes off, leaving a cute, lace cocktail dress!! How cool is that?! It wasn't necessarily the easiest transition {ask my mom and cousin!}, but definitely a fun idea!

The only problem was that the dress I liked at David's had a really cute flower at the waist... the dress from Karl's didn't and felt a little too plain to me. 

I could have bought a custom-made flower for around $100 {no thank you!!}. But fortunately the staff at Karl's was amazing and did some calling around. They remembered a girl who's dress came with a flower, but didn't plan on using it. Sold for $30... that's more like it!

When I first started wedding planning, I would have never guessed I would end up with a dress like this {I was envisioning long, lacy, and simple}, but I'm so glad I did! I absolutely love that dress!! Simple, unique, and somewhat difficult to figure out. Definitely me. :) How did you know your dress was the one??


Linking up with The Pleated Poppy today! 

8 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I love your dress and I love that it changed into a cocktail dress. Brillant! Popping over from the Pleated Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! It definitely made me feel like a princess! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Glad I could help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked absolutely beautiful in your dress. It was perfect for the weather that day. It was also very appropriate that the dress was so unique because that's how I see you. A one of a kind and stand out in a crowd woman. I'm also very proud to be your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mom! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I'm such a sucker for good wedding photos and yours are amazing! You looked so radiant. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary, and I'm so glad I found your blog! Feel free to stop by my blog anytime- I have a link party called "This Week the Trend" that I'd love for you to join in on, and I'm currently offering free ad space! I hope you have a great weekend.

    Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love that our wedding memories are pieces of art in and of themselves! I will definitely check out your blog! Thanks for following!! :)

      Delete