7.23.2012

Year One...

{via Twin Town Studios}
This is the year I moved nine hours away from "home" to build a new home with my love.
This is the year I probably cried everyday for six months.
This is the year I started a "big girl" job, and didn't think I would make it to December {let alone May}.
This is the year I realized that marriage is awesome! But it's not always awesome.
And this is the year I learned that I might not be as perfect as I probably thought I was.

but...

This is also the year that I realized even a couple hours with the man you love is better than 24 with anyone else.
This is the year I learned to truly appreciate my family and friends and not take a single minute for granted. 
This is the year I realized that joy, happiness, and gratitude are decisions I must make everyday.
This is the year I learned that it really is the small things that make life great... and that a dance party with the man you love can turn your whole week around.
And this is the year that confirmed I've found my other half.

Crazy, crazy year one, you have taught me so many lessons in your short 12 months. Thanks for the memories!

Love you Derek, thanks for choosing me!!

1 comment:

  1. Gave you a shout out on the blog (and a job to perform)!!!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete