6.11.2012

Explanations and Obligations

Well... I might as well introduce myself. That's how a first blog post usually goes, at least. I know this, because I've "started blogging" several times. And, though this isn't my first endeavor in the blogosphere, lets hope it's my last... 
as in, maybe this time I'll keep it up!


My name is Jamie. 
I'm a wife. A mother to two lovable poochies. A teacher. 
A crafter {when I have the time}. 
And, most importantly, a Christ follower. 


As I mentioned before, this isn't the first time I've created a blog.
{you might have seen me here}
I always have good intentions, but it just never seems to stick. Now that I'm married, living far from "home", and embarking on life's many journeys, I really hope to keep this blog more as a memory-keeper than anything else. I want to be able to look back and {laugh, cry, cringe} remember all the {fun, goofy, crazythings we {made, wore, ate} did through our journey together. That's my hope at least. 

The name, you ask? Well, I have long been an admirer of the wife detailed in Proverbs 31; I've wanted to be her for as long as I can remember. Now that I have my chance, I'm striving to live out the woman so vividly described for my husband, future children, and even myself. I know I will never embody her completely, especially with the challenges and changes that have come with living in the modern age, but I also know that it's an adventure worth trying. 

The primary theme of this blog will follow our day-to-day lives and adventures as well as my trial and errors in becoming a "wife of noble character." We have a long journey ahead of us, but I can guarantee it will be fun! 
Join us, won't you?

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies." Proverbs 31:10, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment