8.08.2012

Wearing: Lake Style

Sunday we got to have church at the lake! We go to a small start-up church here in GC and it was our first annual church picnic. Growing up, church picnics are some of my favorite memories... we had them every year around the 4th of July, down by the river. So much fun!! So I was pretty excited when I found out that our new church's picnic would be at the lake! Water and Jesus, what more do you need?!

I have to admit, the first time I saw this "lake" I was pretty disappointed. Derek and I rented a cabin here to celebrate our 1 month anniversary of being married. It was a sweet trip he had planned long before I even moved to GC and we were so excited! Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed when we arrived and I saw what appeared to me to be a large pond. This was not a lake.
It's amazing what a year can do on a person's perspective... when we arrived to Scott Lake this past Sunday, all I saw was beauty! Not the mere size of the body of water in front of me, but the beauty of God's creation. 

As much as I complain about our current circumstances, I really am learning so much about contentment and gratitude and joy. Perspective changes everything.
I honestly had planned to share a new recipe today {from a new dish I took to the picnic}, but decided better of it. The dish wasn't a complete flop, but just wasn't that great either... so I'll show you what I wore instead. :)

Nothing to write home about really, just a couple tank tops, bermudas, and shoes {that were quickly changed to flip flops}. I'll be honest, I'm not much of a fan of summer clothing... I love layers and scarves and close-toed shoes, but when you're at the lake, those things aren't really ideal, if ya know what I mean.

And in case you were wondering, this is what happens when you try to have a photo shoot with my husband... 
Goof!

Happy Wednesday {my last Wednesday of freedom, btw. I'm not freaking out or anything.}!


Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! That is an awesome photo.

    I like leopard with stripes. Must do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute - great look on you!
    New follower - hope you can stop by and do the same
    http://pjgraves51.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete